Wednesday 20 June 2007

Blootoof

Presenting to you the members of the Splashy Dashy Crew, I know you're on it

I've been neglecting the dancehall for a minute now, partly cos there was nothing really exciting me, and partly because what did excite me I couldn't get hold of.

Anyway, I think the Bluetooth Riddim is big. I dunno who produced it, but theres some hot tracks from the usuals, Elephant and Vybz. Movado flops a bit on this one for me, i'm just not feeling it. I want a dirty version of Vybz Kartel - Tek More, then I will be happy.
Here is a mix

Another interesting riddim is the Swazzi. Its pirate-ish epic sounds are quite refreshing, I dunno if it would move anyone in a dance though.

Beenie Man - Stomp Di Yard

The Jam Down Riddim has been moving for a while now, so I'll show it some love
Jah Cure - Sticky

Finally...if u didnt think that Japanese dancehall ravers were not serious..watch the video...its a lot. That stripey girl is definately on it, and that chick who hangs off the ladder...

No comments: